No two businesses today think alike!
Yes, there you heard it. While the core fundamentals and business models may be similar, even companies in the same industry have unique complexities and needs. As businesses increasingly adopt innovative business models, their process applications cannot be off-the-shelf products.
Sales teams are the revenue generation units of any business and are a direct link between the company's product or services to the customers. They lead conversations with all external customers from the prospect to the closure stage. It is essential to arm the sales teams with suitable and compatible tools to help them perform well in their roles.
Sales CRM is the most critical tool the sales teams use to carry out sales operations. It is paramount that businesses leave no stone unturned to get the right fit solutions for their sales process. Customization could mean anything right from color, design, functionalities, layout, reports, etc organizations are required to personalize the solutions to suit their needs. While choosing a sales CRM solution, it is always important to cut the clutter around the feature list and ask, "Will this sales solution work for my team?".
Why having a customized sales solution is super important?
- For Competitive Advantage
- Deliver Superior Customer Experience
- Increase Sales
- Higher Employee Satisfaction
- Increase Productivity and Save Time
The 6-most popular customizations that modern teams require:
- Data Model: A data model is a process of defining, structuring, and viewing data by any business process. The data model is structured around the needs of businesses, so it is essential that each organization desire a custom data model to suit their business needs. Most Sales CRM solutions can add data fields on the existing data tables. While this helps address the problem to some extent, it has certain limitations. The ideal approach is having custom data models, built from scratch for your business process.
- Data Fields: Businesses today capture an immense amount of data. This fact is particularly true for startups, given the dynamic business environment making it essential to have a flexible and customizable system. Be it a lead capture form on the website, lead disposition forms, or hundreds of targeted digital campaigns requiring custom data fields. Custom fields like text, number, date field, lists, and custom labels, should be possible in your sales solution.
- User Interface (UI): Ensuring a friendly user interface experience while narrowing down on a sales solution is supercritical. The best test of good user interfaces is that a newcomer should be able to quickly adopt and use it. Product solution designers should ensure that the user interface of the sales solution is customized to their needs. Some points to keep in mind for a better user experience are ease of access to information, a single interface for executing sales activities, integration of associated sales tools like email and telephony, a clean and simple layout, etc. Organizations can save time, reach faster to customers, improve sales agent handling capacity, and much more with a neat user interface.
- Workflows: Workflows are the real make-or-break decisions for any sales solution and team productivity and user experience are the most impacted KPIs. If a sales CRM solution does not meet your requirement of building custom workflows for your sales process, it's best to look for another one. Automated activity logging, auto data capture, lead qualification, callback reminders, etc are common workflows that most teams build to automate a lot of manual actions.
- Reporting: Standard reports aren't good enough for sales leaders, it is almost impossible to gain enough insights into every business with its unique processes and working ways. This is where custom reports come to the rescue to sales managers, bridging the gap to deliver deep, actionable insights into their business process. The most common benefits of custom reports are the ability to slice & dice reports, saving time with manual effort, and better visual representation fo reports for cross-functional teams.
- Integrations: More often than not, multiple tools are used by organizations for their sales functions. Sales CRMs should be anchor tools for sales teams to carry out all sales activities without toggling across separate tools. There must be a seamless flow of information across the applications to and fro from the CRM for better collaboration, faster response times, and manual data entry. Some critical functions that should be considered for integration with sales CRM are Demand generation (Website, Social media, digital campaigns), communications (Telephony, email, chat), scheduling tools, internal inventory, ERP applications, and others.
Chakra Sales is a modern sales execution solution to productize your sales process from Lead to Order, eliminating manual activities and multiple data entries. Integrating with all associated tools, Chakra Sales creates a unified interface for sales activities with automated data capture and activity logging.
If you are looking for a customized sales solution for your fast-growing organization, do consider a free demo with Chakra Sales